Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tuesday Things

http://instagram.com/p/qAtZQfCevp/?modal=true
Stunning Truths Your Facebook 'Likes' Really Reveal About You.

Not too long ago was National ASK (Asking Saves Kids) Day. In America, one out of three homes with children has a gun, and nearly 1.7 million children live in a home with a loaded, unlocked gun. Every year thousands of kids are killed and injured as a result. Those statistics stunned me, and personal accounts never cease to take my breath away. The ASK Campaign promotes a simple idea with the potential to help keep kids safe. It encourages parents to ASK if there are unlocked guns in the homes where their children play.

Vegetables can hear themselves being bitten

Aw man. Don't spray sunscreen on kids. via Design Mom

Parenting (extroverted children) as an introvert. A lot of this resonated with me. Being "on" all of the time can be hard for me, and most of the time, "off" time actually means work time, not recharge time, which means I'm not doing a great job of prioritizing. Or scheduling. Or something. (Does it feel like the topic of being an introvert/extrovert is having a bit of a moment? I don't mind, as I find it interesting, but I wonder, are you sick of it?)

Is this all too much of a downer this week? How about the idea of having one adventure a month?

The importance of kindness in a relationship. via Design Mom

Amanda Hesser's final meal. Well played.


ASK TOOLKIT 2014
WWW.ASKINGSAVESKIDS.ORG

No comments: